Promoting Effective SEL in Your Community
Building on the success of sold-out conferences for the past four years, SEL4MA is now conducting regional events around the state!
Social-emotional learning is a core component of effective education, increasing students’ academic achievement and behavioral health while teaching skills essential to success in all areas of life.
Come join social-emotional learning proponents from across your region and discover approaches for developing an effective SEL plan for your school, district, or community. Whether your community has been implementing SEL for some time or is just getting started, there are concrete steps that you can take to improve your effectiveness and results.
Come join other Massachusetts SEL advocates for a stimulating day of professional learning and personal renewal.
December 6, 2016, 8:00 – 3:30 pm
Reading Public Library, Reading MA
Hosted by the Reading Public Schools
January 17, 2016, 8:00 – 3:30 pm
Algonquin Regional High School, Northborough, MA
Hosted by the Northborough-Southborough Regional School District
At an SEL4MA regional event, you will:
- Learn best practices and practical solutions for developing a comprehensive SEL plan
- Assess the current state of SEL in your community
- Connect with others in your region and share lessons learned
- Discover strategies for successfully advocating for SEL in your school, district or community
- Create an action plan outlining practical next steps to take back to your community
- Leave feeling informed, inspired and renewed
Register now and spread the word to colleagues and community members.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our regional SEL events!
SEL4MA 2016 regional events are supported by the following organizations
Interested in sponsoring SEL4MA regional events?
If you are part of an SEL-related organization and are interested in becoming one of our event sponsors, please contact us at email@example.com to learn more. Sponsors will be acknowledged in all key event materials.